Happy Friday! Since tomorrow is the first day of Fall, I wanted to talk about some of my favorite seasonal activities. This time of year has to be my favorite. I know that isn’t any sort of groundbreaking or unique information, but it is something that I am interested in and makes me happy!
I’ve even been told it’s because my birthday happens to occur during the fall. One of my 3 roommates from my time at CSU Fullerton had a never ending experiment consisting of 2 questions:
- What’s your favorite season?
- When’s your birthday?
She would ask every person she met these questions, and it always turned out the same: favorite seasons correspond with a person’s birthday. Now, this obviously hasn’t been scientifically tested. And whether or not it’s true, it happens to work for me. Fall is my favorite season.
Every year, there are specific places and activities I love and need to do during the fall. And thanks to A Beautiful Mess, I have an official Autumn Bucket List to write everything down. This bucket list is a decorated to-do list, so you don’t forget any of the seasonal activities. And I LOVE lists! This combines two obsessions for me, Fall and Organization 🙂
I have filled out my list already, especially since tomorrow is officially the first day of Fall!
Just in case you can’t see the photo, here’s my list and some explanations for a few 🙂 Now, these items aren’t in any particular order. They will happen when they happen, I have even already done a few of them!
- Apple Hill + buy some pie –– If you are from Sacramento like me, this doesn’t need any explanation. For everyone else, Apple Hill is just one of many of farms in Northern California that opens up during Fall to sell seasonal items. Just up highway 50 pass Placerville a little ways, they offer tasty treats, a pumpkin patch and different events. It is the epitome of Autumn.
- Bike Rides through Midtown
- Pumpkin Patch + carving
- Baking pumpkin seeds
- Evening walks
- Fall photoshoots
- Find new boots!
- Layers, sweaters + scarves
- Make pumpkin cheesecake
- Read books –– When I was still in college, my time was given to textbooks everyday. Since graduating, I have more time to focus on a personal choice. Current read: It’s Messy: Essays on Boys, Boobs and BFFs, by Amanda de Cadenet.
- Create something each day –– thanks to A Beautiful Mess, taking my homebody-ness to a whole new level and trying to stay home and expand my creativity.
- FINALLY start Stranger Things –– I know, I know. I have not started it AT. ALL. (again, thanks higher education). So, this fall I want to utilize my rainy days to start a creepy show.
- HOCUS POCUS –– no need for an explanation, am I right? Or am I right?
- My 25th birthday! –– I’M TURNING 25. How is that possible?? I was just 18 and graduating high school! I don’t think I’m old, I just never thought of myself at 25 before. The big question is: do I have a party?
- Movie nights w/ friends –– I love going out, but I love staying home more, lounging and being cozy.
- Trader Joe’s treats –– their Fall seasonal treats and soups are the best, I need to take full advantage of this.
- Hang with my family!
- DECORATE –– which has already started!
- Dixon Maze –– I have always wanted to do the hay maze, but have always forgotten to. Maybe this year will be the year I take on this challenge.
- Cook w/ mom 🙂
- Find skeleton leggings –– and sweater to match! I work at a record shop and have a feeling I will be working on Halloween. I have to show some of my love for Halloween, plus I’ve always wanted a skeleton outfit.
- Learn to knit
- Paint more
- Movies + snuggles w/ Dino
- Movies on rainy days
- Movies from list –– since starting my job at the record shop, I talk to coworkers about movies and see the movies coming through constantly. I see and hear about titles I have never watched, but I am very intrigued by. I started writing these titles down and adding them to a massive Google Drive list.
- Burn more candles
- Get up early
- Enjoy the rain –– as I always do 🙂
- Plan my Spring semester –– although I have already graduated and have a BA in Public Relations, I have decided to go back to school for Graphic Design. I want to utilize my degrees to join the Graphic Design and Web Design industry.
To get a copy of this bucket list, visit abeautifulmess.com or click on this link: Autumn Bucket List